Frontenac Youth Services is a non-profit Children’s Mental Health Centre which has been providing assistance to adolescents struggling emotionally and behaviourally (12-18 years) and their families within the Durham Region since 1972.
We are currently looking for Casual Relief Child and Youth Workers* to join our multidisciplinary team.
*There is no guarantee of hours.
We have an exciting opportunity for qualified Child and Youth Workers to join our team within an Accredited Children’s Mental Health Agency.
The Casual Relief Child and Youth Workers will be responsible for engaging youth in the residential programs and in classroom settings. Duties will include daily routines, recreation, behavioural management, and presenting life skills education.
- CYW Diploma or a recognized equivalent training program such as a Degree or diploma in Psychological/Social Sciences
- Experience working with the high risk adolescent population within a mental health residential treatment setting.
- Criminal Reference Check with Vulnerable Sectors Screening
- Valid Class G driver’s license with acceptable driving record
- Valid Understanding and Managing Aggressive Behaviours (UMAB) Certification
- Valid Standard First Aid/CPR Certification
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check (including a Vulnerable Sector Screening) and Pre-Employment Medical.
Interested applicants should submit their resumes via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Frontenac Youth Services values inclusivity and diversity in the workplace. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds. We are committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at email@example.com or (905) 579-1551 x222.
While we thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Any information obtained during the course of recruitment will be used for employment recruitment purposes only, and not for any other purpose.