School Mental Health Youth and Family Counsellor II
Under the supervision of the Clinical Manager, the School Mental Health Counsellor will provide intervention and direct supports and services to students (or children and youth) in schools or other locations considered an extension of the school. Using a variety of theoretical frameworks, the School Mental Health Counsellor will use a combination of family, individual, and group therapy to promote change and growth within the family, home, school and community.
- Master’s Degree in social work or a relevant discipline (i.e. psychology, counselling, education)
- Must be registered and in good standing with an appropriate professional regulatory college (e.g. Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers (RSW), the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario, the College of Psychology).
- Training in Crisis Intervention, Brief Services, Risk Assessment, and Cognitive and Dialectical Behavioural Therapies are considered assets.
- Training in Suicide Risk Assessment and Support is an asset.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in children’s mental health and experience providing crisis intervention with children, youth and families is preferred.
- Travel is required for this position, a valid class G Ontario driver’s license, access to a reliable vehicle and an acceptable driving record is required.
- Knowledge of KIDS and interRAI assessment tools is an asset
- Satisfactory Criminal Reference Check with Vulnerable Sectors Screening and Pre-Employment Medical.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
Evening work is required
Frontenac Youth services welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applications, however only those being considered for the position will receive interviews. Interested candidates should submit their resumes via email to email@example.com. Thank you.