Youth & Family Counsellor II &
Quick Access Youth & Family Counsellor II*
Frontenac Youth Services is a non-profit Children’s Mental Health Center which has been providing assistance to adolescents struggling emotionally and behaviourally (12-18 years) and their families within the Durham Region since 1972.
Frontenac Youth Services is currently hiring full time Youth and Family Counsellors (37.5 hours per week) to provide individual, family and group counselling.
Under the supervision of the Clinical Director or Clinical Manager, the Youth and Family Counsellor II (YFC II) will work with families and youth to promote change and growth within the family, home, school and community. The YFC II will conduct assessments to determine treatment recommendations. Using a variety of theoretical frameworks the YFC II will provide a combination of family, individual and group therapy for clients.
The successful candidate will have:
- Master’s Degree in social work or a relevant discipline (i.e. psychology, counselling, education).
- Must be registered and in good standing with an appropriate professional regulatory college (e.g. Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers, the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario, the College of Psychology).
- Training in Crisis Intervention, Brief Services, Risk Assessment, and Cognitive and Dialectical Behavioural Therapies are considered assets.
- Training in Suicide Risk Assessment and Support is an asset.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in children’s mental health and experience providing crisis intervention with children, youth and families is preferred.
- Travel is required for this position, a valid class G Ontario driver’s license, access to a reliable vehicle and an acceptable driving record.
- Knowledge of EMHware/interRAI assessment tools is an asset
- Satisfactory Criminal Reference Check with Vulnerable Sectors Screening and Pre-Employment Medical.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Flexible and Evening Work is required.
- Legal eligibility to work in Canada.
We thank all applicants, however only those shortlisted for interviews will be contacted.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) a request for accommodation will be considered throughout the hiring process.
Salary: $54,132-$64,018.50 per year
*The Quick Access Counsellor position requires a minimum of 2 evenings per week.
Please send your resume to email@example.com