About Frontenac Youth Services
Frontenac Youth Services is a non-profit Children’s Mental Health Centre which has been providing assistance to adolescents struggling emotionally and behaviourally (12-18 years) and their families within the Durham Region since 1972. Frontenac Youth Services is accredited by the Canadian Centre for Accreditation.
The agency is funded by the Ontario Ministry of Health and operated by a Board of Directors comprised of community volunteers. Last year, more than 1,230 clients were offered an opportunity to be heard and feel supported.
Our Team and Office
Frontenac includes a team of professionals who work with you in a scent-free office to fulfill all your needs, including;
- Social Workers
- Youth and Family Counsellors
- Child and Youth Counsellors
- Art Therapist
- Consulting Child Psychiatrist
Mission and Vision
Mission: Enhancing mental, social and emotional well-being.
Vision: To be a collaborative partner in supporting the evolving needs of children, youth and their families within the community.
Available to Provide
- Treatment and other forms of direct service to adolescents and their families.
- Education to the public and professional sectors of the community.
- Involved in community development programs with other community resources.
- Day Treatment
- Community Services
- Dual Diagnosis Services
- Individual Therapy
- Family Therapy
- Group Therapy
- Enhancing Strengths- Cultivate unique abilities, skills, positive attitudes and resiliency.
- Acting with Integrity- Support ethical and professional standards in all circumstances.
- Being Respectful- Think and act in a manner that shows others we care about their well-being.
- Promoting Advocacy- Ensure our clients have a voice by gaining access to needed supports, overcoming barriers, and having their views and wishes genuinely considered.
- Embracing Inclusivity- Value the unique lived experience and history of all.