Frontenac Youth Services is a non-profit Children’s Mental Health Centre which has been providing assistance to adolescents struggling emotionally and behaviourally (12-18 years) and their families within the Durham Region since 1972. We are currently looking for candidates with a background in Law or Insurance to join our volunteer Board of Directors.
- Ability to contribute to setting strategic direction and guiding system change in a period of transformation;
- Experience contributing to strategic governance with an active volunteer Board of Directors;
- A desire to champion better outcomes for children and youth at risk and their families;
- Energy, optimism, leadership and insight.
Areas of Expertise Currently Needed:
- Law practice, as a private practitioner or in house counsel with practice experience in: Governance, Litigation, Child and Youth issues, Mental Health etc.;
- Change management and system transformation, especially leadership in large-scale systems change;
Our Board meets approximately 10 times a year.
Frontenac Youth Services promotes an inclusive and barrier-free environment. We encourage and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds of ability, culture, race, religion, and those representing under-serviced populations. In order to reflect our geographic diversity we particularly welcome applicants from Durham and the area east of Toronto.
If you have the qualifications for, and are interested in, our Board, please to apply in writing with a cover letter and resume to:
Human Resources Manager
Frontenac Youth Services
1160 Simcoe Street South
Oshawa, Ontario L1H 5L8
We are committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation at any stage of the process, please contact Rebecca at 905-579-1551 x222 / Rebecca@frontenacyouthservices.org