Frontenac Live-In Treatment Program
The Live-In Treatment program is licensed for seven beds and staffing of the Live-In Treatment is provided twenty four hours a day seven days a week.
Our Frontenac Live-In Treatment Goals:
- To help the adolescent understand and change their behavior in an effort to develop better interpersonal living skills.
- To teach the adolescent more effective coping skills.
- To assist the family in shifting family dynamics to facilitate a healthy change in their adolescent.
- To return the adolescent to the family or to other suitable living arrangement.
- To alleviate any overt psychiatric/emotional/behavioural symptoms which would prevent the adolescent from living at home or in the community.
Watersdown Live-In Treatment Program
Children/adolescents admitted to this program are considered “Complex Care” (severe needs/problems in a minimum of two areas) and unable to manage within a family or community setting. It is presumed all available “in-home” and respite resources will have been tried and have not been successful.
Our Watersdown Live-In Treatment Goals:
- Six month assessment placement for complex care youth to help determine long-term planning and any specialized needs
- Provide a setting where the youth can learn to solve problems and develop self-care skills
- Provide youth with opportunities to develop social skills and to become more independent and self-sufficient